Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Tricycle Theatre Expansion

I was surprised to find in a recent twitter exchange that some people were unaware of the Tricycle Theatre's expansion plans.  Planning permission has now been formally requested.  The project has been in the works for some time.  July was the date for most of the funding to be secured, so I am glad that appears to have been successful. 

As I understand it the auditorium will be expanded and refitted so that the whole audience has a better view of the stage, which I think has been one of Indhu Rubasingham's objectives since she became Artistic Director.  The refurbished theatre will also have much better disabled access than the current cumbersome arrangements.  Improvements to the Tricycle's street frontage should also help it as an attraction boosting the regeneration of Kilburn High Road as a whole.  I am not sure what arrangements will be in place during the building period. 

1 comment:

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment.
Thanks for sharing.
Disabled Tricycle

Keep Posting:)

Post a Comment